Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Finish Mermaid Undine

Finished Mirabilia's Mermaid Undine earlier this month. She looks amazing with her feathery tail. The fabric is actually a pail blue hand dye color that I could not get to show up with the camera. I have modified her from the original pattern by taking some of her frills that are coming off the 'leg' area. You can find my conversion here.
The long beads were hard to place. They took up more space than the three slots allowed for on the pattern. I tried to center them by going out one stitch each way. This made five spaces for the bead and it really needed about six.





 This week I also got the remaining beads, and thread needed to start Mediterranean mermaid. Have to love a sale at the local cross stitch shop.

For the first time ever I ordered fabric online. Two pieces from Picture This Plus and 4 pieces from Chromatic Alchemy. I have in my mind which pieces I want to cross stitch on them, but have to wait until they come in to see if I change my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment