Thursday, April 7, 2016

Finished Mediterranean Mermaid

Woohoo! Second finish of the year, and it is only the beginning of April. Mediterranean Mermaid by Nora Corbett was a fast stitch. She is very Shinny with all the Kreinik thread and Mill Hill Beads and Treasures. The major conversion on her was her skin and hair.
We have two children that are adopted with darker skin. All of the beautiful pieces by Nora Corbett are fair skinned. I want our adopted children to be able to look at the pieces I have done and see that their skin is beautiful as well. Our daughter really loves this one. I might have to hang it in her room after it is framed. You can find the conversion for her on the Conversion Tab at the top of the page.

Other news: I ordered needle minders for the first time from Gina's Unique Boutique on Etsy. Even though I free stitch, with out a hoop or q-snaps, I am loving these. Instead of holding my needle in my mouth, sticking it in my pants/shorts, or stabbing it into the bead I attach this to my pattern holder and when I need to change thread color it keeps my needle safe. No more coming back going where did I put that needle now?

Mermaid Undine is back from the frame shop. :)
Already found her a home on the wall.

Fabric I need to start Christmas gifts still hasn't come in. So, next project will be a Coral Charms by Nora Corbett. I am going to do the same skin conversion on this one. I think the darker skin will be radiant against the bright colors of her tail.



2 comments:

  1. I love your conversion. It's beautiful. Would you be willing to share the skin and hair conversions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of my conversions can be found on this blog under the conversions tab http://stitchesandthings.blogspot.com/p/conversions_9.html

    ReplyDelete